2013 New officer nomination:
The Seattle Alumni Chapter of Beta Gamma Sigma is now accepting applications for elected officer positions to serve during the 2013/2014 term. Officers are elected to serve one year terms that commence on July 1st and end on June 30th of the following year.
The upcoming election will be for the following officer positions:
President – responsible for overall strategic direction for the Chapter, venue and speaker inquiry
Vice-President – responsible for coordinating events, venue and speaker inquiry
Secretary – responsible for organizational and administrative functions of the Chapter
Treasurer – responsible for financial matters of the Chapter
More information about the roles and responsibilities can be found on the Beta Gamma Sigma Central Operations website at http://www.betagammasigma.org/alumni/rolealumniofficers.htm
1) Please send your self-nomination and other person nominations with a resume through firstname.lastname@example.org on or before May 1st.
2) If approved as a candidate by Beta Gamma Sigma central operations, you will need to submit a short narrative about your background. The narratives of each approved candidate will be included in a broadcast email to all members on June 2st for the voting on Survey Monkey. Members will have until June 16th to for a candidate for each officer role.
3) The Seattle Alumni Chapter will announce the newly elected officers as soon as all the votes have been tallied, and acceptance is confirmed from the winner of each officer position. For officer positions with only one candidate, election is automatic.
BGS – Seattle Alumni Chapter – 2013 Scholarship Award – $1,000
Eligibility requirements – Each applicant must meet each of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for the scholarship:
- Must be a member of the Beta Gamma Sigma Seattle Alumni Chapter.
- Must have completed 2 quarters, 1 semester, of coursework in a business-related program at a university that is accredited with the US Department of Education during the time period between 09/2012 and 06/2013.
- Must have completed a minimum of 3 years of college education (135+ credits on the quarter system, or 90+ credits on the semester system)
Selection criteria – academic merit based – The applicant with the highest cumulative GPA will receive the $1,000 scholarship award.
Application process – To be considered for the scholarship award, eligible applicants must submit unofficial transcripts with enough completed credits to demonstrate that she/he is eligible for the scholarship award (see eligibility requirements above). Applicants must also submit documentation to demonstrate that she/he has met the current enrollment eligibility requirements (or will meet the criteria by 06/2013). Unofficial transcripts that indicate current enrollment will suffice. Email these documents to email@example.com on or before the application deadline of 04/30/2013.
Validation criteria – The selected applicant will be contacted by email on 05/01/2013 and will have until 05/03/2013 to acknowledge that she/he intends to validate her/his eligibility for the scholarship award. The selected applicant will be required to submit Official Transcripts via mail to the President of the BGS Seattle Alumni Chapter. The Official Transcripts must be received no later than 05/17/2013 to be considered validated.
If the Official Transcripts are not received on or before 05/17/2013 , or if the Official Transcripts vary from the Unofficial Transcripts that were originally submitted, the selected applicant will be disqualified. In this event, the applicant who submitted Unofficial Transcripts with the second highest cumulative GPA will be contacted for Official Transcripts. The newly selected applicant will have 3 days to acknowledge receipt of the tentative selection, and we will allow 17 days for the Official Transcripts to be received.
When the Official Transcripts of the selected applicant have been received and validated, the award will be announced. The award will be available for distribution in August of 2013.
Current officers are not eligible to apply.
The Secretary Officer role for the Seattle Alumni Chapter of Beta Gamma Sigma has been reopened. Sajani, our former Secretary, has stepped down from the role to focus on some new and exciting events that have recently developed for her.
The following is a summary of what the Secretary role involves:
· Be the official liaison between Beta Gamma Sigma Central Operations and the alumni chapter.
· Respond to email received by the alumni chapter, or forward it to the appropriate officer or central operations.
· Manage the Seattle Alumni Chapter LinkedIn Group, and verify Alumni Chapter membership eligibility of those who request to join.
· Maintain the Seattle Alumni Chapter Membership list.
· Record the minutes of officer meetings, and forward to Central Operations.
· Manage event RSVPs and assist in managing event logistics.
· Assist in identifying speakers and event venues.
If you are interested in the role, or have questions about the role, please contact Anthony Caputo at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear Beta Gamma Sigma Seattle Area Alumni Chapter Members:
We are pleased to announce that on Tuesday, June 19, 2012, Beta Gamma Sigma Seattle Area Alumni Chapter members in attendance at our Speaker Series Event elected the following officers for fiscal year 2013 (term effective July 1, 2012):
President: Anthony Caputo
Vice President: Vincent Jo
Secretary: Sajani Amarasiri
Treasurer: Robert Rosen
Please help us in congratulating your new officers! If you would like to get more involved with the Chapter or have any suggestions, please email email@example.com.
Jason Woon, President
Joe Shao, Vice President
Lilian Chiu, Secretary
on behalf of the Seattle Area Alumni Chapter of Beta Gamma Sigma
Exciting news! In mid-June, the Seattle Area Alumni Chapter will be holding annual officer elections at its next speaker series event. The President, Vice President, and Secretary positions are open, and the terms are for one year. General descriptions for each position are as follows:
President – responsible for the overall strategic direction of the Chapter
Vice President – responsible for coordinating Chapter events and membership activities
Secretary – responsible for the organizational and administrative functions of the Chapter
This is an exciting time for Beta Gamma Sigma as we celebrate the 100th anniversary of the organization. New officers will be able to partake in centennial events, including the Chapter-sponsored officer training in Miami in August.
For more information on the officer positions, please visit the Officers section of the website. The deadline to express your interest in becoming our next officer is Friday, June 1st. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to submit your candidacy.
The 2012 Beta Gamma Sigma scholarship of $1,000 is being offered to current BGS members and students who will be inducted during Spring 2012. See the BGS Scholarship Application Form for more information. Applications are due Friday, May 4, 2012. Best of luck!
Thank you to everyone who attended our August 2011 Speaker Series Event, featuring Kevin Wilhelm, CEO of Sustainable Business Consulting. Due to several member requests, we have uploaded Kevin’s PowerPoint slides, which include links to references used in his presentation. Enjoy. Click Here to Download Slides.
In late June the Seattle Area Alumni Chapter held annual elections of new Officers. Please congratulate Robert Rosen as the Chapter’s new FY2012 Treasurer! Also, thank you to Brian Luong for serving as FY11 Treasurer. Brian will continue to support Robert and the rest of the Officer team as an At-Large Member with significant involvement in the Chapter.
The 2011 Beta Gamma Sigma scholarship of $1,000 is being offered to current BGS members and students who will be inducted during Spring 2011. See the BGS Scholarship Application Form for more information. Applications are due Friday, April 29, 2011.
In addition, if you are selected as one of the Top 3 Finalists for the scholarship, you will be asked to make a short presentation on a business topic (given a week in advance) at the next chapter meeting on Thursday, May 12, 2011. After the presentations, fellow BGS members will vote for the winner of the scholarship, and the award will be presented to the recipient at the conclustion of the meeting.
Best of luck!
The top responses to the survey question: “Choose the most you are willing to spend towards a BGS event:” include:
- $11-$20, 44%
- $5-$10, 28%
- $21-$30, 19%
- $30+, 9%